Year 1 - Home Learning
Welcome to the Year 1, Home Learning page.
We hope you are all safe and well.
As we begin what would have been the Summer term, we will be updating this page fortnightly with home learning tasks that you can complete with your child/ren. Please click the relevant button below.
Home Learning Projects (Fortnightly)
Week Beginning 20th April - Summer Term Week 1 and 2.
Week Beginning 4th May - Summer Term Week 3 and 4.
Week Beginning 18th May - Summer Term Week 5 and 6.
Week Beginning 1st June- Summer Term Week 7 and 8.
Week Beginning 15th June- Summer Term Week 9 and 10.
Week Beginning 29th June- Summer Term Week 11 and 12.
We hope this finds you all well and safe and as we move nearer to what would have been the end of the Spring term, it is likely you will be close to finishing your home learning packs. As a result, we thought you may find these links, websites and activities useful for the weeks ahead.
BBC BitesizeA range of subjects with learning and activities
Premier League Primary Stars offers free activities – including interactive resources
Phonics Phonics with Geraldine the giraffe and Mr Thorne.
Phonics Play interactive resources to support children's learning.
username: march20 password: home
National Geographic for kidsa range of subjects to discover, learn, play and interact with.
British Sign Languagelearn British Sign Language with Natasha Lamb and Kerry-Ann
Any budding Scientists, please have a go at the following activities:
- Make shadow puppets to act out your favourite story. Can you make the shadows change size?
- Floating flowers: You will need paper and a bowl of water.
(1) Cut out a square of paper. Fold it in half and then half again. Draw a petal shape coming from the folded corner and then cut it out (leaving the middle part attached)
(2) Open out the paper. Fold the tip of each petal into the middle and crease the folds well. Unfold them.
(3) Cut paper circles and stick them in the middle of the flower. Then fold the petals back over the circles.
(4) Fill a bowl with water. Place the flower on the water. The petals will unfurl as the paper absorbs the water.
Please share any stories, writing, crafts or relevant activities undertaken during your time at home via the Year 1 email.
It goes without saying that time spent with your children doing activities such as gardening, baking, drawing, playing board games, bingo, arts and crafts, junk modelling etc will be equally as important and useful. We would love to see these too!
Please share and enjoy books, encourage your child to complete Spelling Shed activities and Times Table Rockstars on a daily basis. These have been updated and set for a number of weeks in advance.
Please look back often at this page, as new and exciting links come to light.