Barriers to Learning
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities could mean that a child has:
- learning difficulties – in acquiring basic skills in school
- emotional and social difficulties – making friends or relating to adults or behaving properly in school
- specific learning difficulty – with reading, writing, number work or understanding information
- sensory or physical needs - such as hearing or visual impairment, which might affect them in school
- communication problems – in expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
- medical or health conditions – which may slow down a child’s progress and/or involves treatment that affects his or her education.