Physical Education Funding
How we are using the funding
The Government introduced Physical Education funding to ensure impact against the following objective:
- “To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the PE and sport funding.”
At St Helen's Primary School our aims are to utilise this allocated funding to:
- Improve the quality of Physical Education Teaching, Learning and Sport Provision
- For the pupils to access specialist sports provision with local providers, i.e. The Headland Leisure Centre.
- Increase Participation in PE and Sport
- For continuous CPD for staff
- Build partnerships and ensure pupils have the opportunities to continue with Physical Education beyond the classroom, nurturing talent and developing this further.
At St Helen's we value the impact that Sport and Physical Education has upon pupils’ well-being and health. Our pupils participate in a wide range of physical education as listed below and we also encourage our Year 6 pupils to participate in an outward bound residential.
Pupils across the school participate in a variety of Physical Education such as:
- Tag rugby
- CPD – Continuing Professional Development for all staff
- Participation in competitions as part of a cluster of schools
- Participation in local sports i.e. Headland Leisure Centre
- Participate in the 'Learn to Swim' program
Click here to open information about PE Funding 2016/2017